Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FileZilla

Day three...I have managed to get through the telnet task...now onto the FTP task. Took awhile to figure out what I was doing but...yee haa....I did it!

First I downloaded filezilla - but I kept thinking I'd need to find the file on my computer in order to use the program. Then I remembered that http is just one type of search option - ftp was another. So I tried typing ftp:// etc etc and...bingo...it worked and I found the answer!

"This server runs on a unix platform, so CAPITALIZATION MATTERS! A file named "file.txt" IS NOT THE SAME as "FILE.TXT".


The tasks I've completed thus far (telnet & FTP) have involved finding text based information..no graphics, no font variations, nothing fancy at all. All very much like the old pc's as previously noted. Pretty dull and boring. The introduction of GUI's has made computing much more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Fi your doing a wonderful job keep up the good work.


    Michelle Robson

    ReplyDelete

Followers