Attachments
I send quite a few attachments with emails - usually documents, sometimes photos. I scan them in and tidy them up using a program called 'ulead' (cheap photoshop type program). I do my best to get the best quality for the lowest size. Some things are best saved as jpeg, others GIF. If the doc/photo is a large file, I'll try out a few ways to reduce the size. Sometimes I lose too much quality so I'll try something else. You can reduce really large files into small files and maintain quality. It annoys me when I receive an email with a massive photo (both in terms of physical size and file size). It takes ages to load up and then you can't see it because your screen is too small. I usually test my attachment by 'previewing' it too. Also, since I use Office 2007, I have to make sure I'm saving any office files as older versions so that others can read them.
Filters & Rules
I have a few email addresses that go directly to junk mail, and I have directed emails addressed to particular user accounts to be filed in their own folders. Apart from that, I haven't really looked into my options.
Folder Structure
Okay, I admit it....I haven't spent much time arranging my folder structure (or rules and filters). Apart from adding a few addresses to the junk mail folder, and having a couple of email addresses all coming to the one place, I haven't done much arranging. Yes, I do the housekeeping, but I have to admit it would be a whole lot easier to keep it tidy if I made some changes. Belated New Year's resolution - sort out email stuff and make use of the tools available!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment