Monday, March 2, 2009

Top 5 Tips For New Bloggers


  1. Keep personal safety in mind. Although I'm new to blogging, I think it's a good idea to be careful about the personal information you include on the blog site.

  2. Consider who might be reading your blog. There are plenty of people who have lost jobs and had all kinds of problems by spilling their guts on the web... I read about someone on the weekend who lost her job because she said she hated it (her job) on facebook. It's also good to remember that once you've released information into cyber world it might be impossible to completely remove it - it could come back to haunt you!

  3. Be creative. Don't be afraid to experiment with colour etc. to brighten it up and make it more interesting, or add widgets and other bits & pieces. Maybe add pics or animations. Anything is possible and what you do with your blog is up to you!

  4. Check out what others have done. Don't be afraid to dive into those millions (?) of blogs out there. And while you're at it, add links to fellow students so it's easy to move from blog to blog. Maybe even add links to other interesting or useful blogs (I'm still trying to work out how exactly to do that.....!)

  5. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fi, welcome to the world of blogging. Cool work. I'd add to your ideas here "be an active commenter". Comment on lots of blogs. Commenting helps the blogger develop a conversational voice. y'know the one that you speak with in rool life. ;-) And a conversational voice makes for readable, interesting, accessible writing.

    Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting tips. I think getting best practice ideas for great established blogs is a particularly good point. You really can learn from the best and the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the facebook - teenages' favs; parents' nightmare. i've a 'faceless' facebook. joined becoz of hubby's relatives. good tips!

    ReplyDelete

Followers