Okay, so I downloaded Copernic as instructed - and admittedly I was a little negative about downloading yet another program from the internet. I have downloaded so many for the various units I've been doing...it's getting a little overwhelming! Each one offers something else, but sometimes you feel like it's all getting too complicated and it was easier when you had nothing to make it easier! I mean, if you use every one of these downloads, you'd be forever switching from one to another....creating more work and taking up more and more time. It sometimes feels like you're spending so much time setting up and changing things around, that you're not actually doing any real work! Anyway, the download was easy enough - didn't take long and was pretty easy to follow, but I must admit I was thinking....'ere I go again!
Well, it is a bit different to what I've downloaded thus far....a way of searching for stuff on my computer. It was actually quite handy and much quicker than looking for files via vista. It could search my whole pc for any word I liked. I tried out 'spook', 'element' 'paint' and 'japanese', not words I would generally use in documents stored on this pc. Surprisingly all but spook appeared. I typed in 'minutes' since I'm secretary of an organisation and...voila...a list of minutes, together with a list of sites explaining the ins and outs of minute preparation. It works really quickly, so if you're looking for a file or email or whatever and can narrow it down to a reasonably uncommon word, this is quite a handy tool. In this case 'fast data' is worthwhile data - so maybe I wont be deleting this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment