I've often thought it would be handy to download a site so that it could be explored over a period of time and important bits could be properly read whilst offline, so WebCopier or PageSucker looked like a good choice. I thought I'd try PageSucker since it was a java program, but I was a bit disappointed. First, it wasn't that appealing, second....it hadn't been updated since 2003. In the world of the web that is too long ago...how up to date was this one going to be? We've come a long way since then....sooooo.....
onto WebCopier. More appealing to me. Problem...it's a buy or 15 day trial download, not a freeby. Much prefer freebies, so back to the less pretty PageSucker. Still a problem...my earlier concern that it was too 'past it' was justified...I run on Vista but it doesn't offer a Vista compatible download. I could just try the earlier version and hope for the best, or I could go back to WebCopier and download a trial. Or, if I'm tired of downloading lots of trials I'm not likely to buy, I could try finding another reputable similar download, or I could go back to the drawing board and try a bookmark management download. Stay tuned for another post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment