All of this stuff is beginning to blow my mind....there is just so much out there, how can I ever take it all in?
FURL - very clever and a really really good idea. I love the fact that lists are not quite 'lists' in FURL. It's more graphic, which I really like. It makes traditional lists look pretty boring. Definately prefer Diigo (or similar) - like the way lists can be tailored. All you can do with an HTML list is put it in alphabetical or similar order....with FURL you can have icons and boxes and you can highlight things and put sticky notes on. Extremely handy and think I might just have to use it for research in future!
Web 2.0 - do we actually know what it is yet? Paul Graham, who wrote the article 'Web 2.0' referred to in the NET11 Module 3 Study Guide, has a bit of trouble trying to define what exactly Web 2.0 is. In summary, he states that 'Web 2.0means using the web as it was meant to be used'. Throughout history, people have found new uses for things that have existed for some time. As our needs change, we find new ways of using what's already available to us, as well as discovering completely new things. My understanding of Web 2.0 is that it's the natural progression of the internet. It's original purpose has been replaced by a new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Fi,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you - Furl is much prettier ;)